Sunday, December 9, 2012

12 in '12 Linky

Well, here we are... almost to the end of 2012.  Time to think about all of the best parts of 2012 and hope for better things in 2013!  What better way to remember a few of my favorite things than to join in on this Linky party hosted by A Teeny Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten?  I can't think of one. :)


So here are a few of my favorite things:

12.  Favorite movie you watched

I'm probably the worst movie-watcher on the planet!  Even when it's a movie that I like, I get distracted by anything (mostly my phone).  With that said, we recently moved.  We were without any kind of entertainment for WEEKS!!  No cable or Internet or phone service the entire time we were driving through Canada, so DVDs it was.  With all of the DVDs that I slept through sat through, I have to say that my most favorite movie this year was Wreck It Ralph, but that could just be that it was the most recent movie that I watched, therefore the only one that I remember. Ha!

11.  Favorite TV series 

This one has got to be Burn Notice.  Of course, it has changed since Season 1 (and I'm not really pleased with that), but I'm still obsessed with Michael Weston.  

10.  Favorite restaurant 

Since moving to Alaska, I think I'd have to say Boston's.  However, I have this app on my iPhone:  UrbanSpoon.  Armed with this app, I intend to include much more variety in my dining out experiences.

9.  Favorite new thing you tried 

As lame as this sounds, my favorite new thing is TeachersPayTeachers.  I have only recently gotten up the courage to create something to post, and I have to say that I was super excited to see that people liked my creations enough to download them!  Of course, I do have a ton of ideas for things that I still need to finish up and upload to my store, but all in due time.

8.  Favorite gift you got 

Oh. My. Gosh!! I love, love, LOVE my remote start!  It was put in my Pathfinder last weekend (my Christmas present from my other half this year), and let me tell you: a remote start makes -4 degrees SO much more manageable!!

7.  Favorite thing you pinned

Hmmm... Do I have to choose?  Let's see...  I'm a regular pinner, but I only have enough time to complete so many things at once.  Unfortunately, my pins aren't really high on the to-do list right now.  Anyway.  I just spent some time looking through my pins (and there are a ton) to find one in particular. I have no clue which board I pinned it to.  It was a really awesome idea for turning an ugly old coffee table into a fancy-pants dog bed!  It was pretty amazing, and I can't wait until I have some time to get it done... and until I can find a yard sale or something where I might find two identical coffee tables.  Can't have one dog bed fancier than the other. Ha!  Anyway.  In the spirit of the season, I like this pin a lot for some pretty easy DIY holiday decorations. (I'm cheap.  I like to DIMyself when I can.)

6.  Favorite blog post

Well, I've only been at this for a month, so I don't actually have a "favorite" right now.  If I had to choose, though, it would probably be "A Giant Headache and a Bit of Relief".  It was my first real attempt at sharing my work with teachers out there in cyberworld. :)

5.  Best accomplishment

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about setting out on this blogging adventure and actually sticking to it!  I love that I can share my thoughts and my work with other teachers.  This brings PLCs to a whole different level!

4.  Favorite picture 

I have to admit, I have two.  I can't even tell you what makes these my favorite as far as the pictures themselves, but this was my first encounter with the "real" outdoors!  I was so excited to see the bears that I literally walked right up to them to take the pictures.  [I know, I know - stupid.  But I couldn't control myself!  When you're in the heat of the moment like this, it's like all common sense just goes out the window! Ha!]


I have to admit that this one comes in a close second because the mountains, lakes, and rivers on the way to Alaska were just amazing!

3.  Favorite memory

My favorite memory of 2012 is the 4,700ish-mile road trip between Fort Polk, Louisiana and Anchorage, Alaska (with a few stops in between, of course).  Although the trip itself was a nightmare (everything that could have gone wrong during a cross-continent move DID), it was probably the most fun I've had in a while.  Of course, I would love to only have to drive one vehicle on our next road trip so I could actually spend less time focusing on the driving and more time enjoying the trip.

2.  Goal for 2013 

I'm going to be better about exercising!  (I'm glad that this will be my goal for 2013... Right now, my motivation is nonexistent since the sun comes up and goes back down all in a matter of 4 hours. Haha!)

1.  One little word

Relax!
I'm only human and can't actually do it all (at least, not while I'm not wearing my Super Girl cape)!  I will make it through this year - it's already almost over - and next year will be way easier! :)



So... If you're still reading this long-winded post, you should head on over to A Teeny Tiny Teacher or Miss Kindergarten and get in on this linky if you haven't already! :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up!
    I'm blown away that you moved to Alaska! I'm blown away that the sun is only out for 4 hours even though I know that. It's just not registering!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! And those bear pictures! AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kristin! Thanks for stopping by. :)
      I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to move to Alaska, but I have to admit - I'm glad I did! The last 5 months have truly been an adventure, and I have had a blast so far! (I'm really just glad that the temperature warmed up enough to finally let the snow fall this weekend. After all, what good is being in Alaska if there isn't any snow?!? ;)
      I'm working on getting a good photo of a moose. We've had a couple in our backyard and throughout our neighborhood as well as on my school playground playing with the playground equipment, but I can't get close enough to get a good picture. Moose scare me! HAHA!

      Delete
  2. Great start to your blog! Thanks for stopping by love2learn2day. I hope you join the Math Monday Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cindy!

      Thanks for coming by! I saw your Math Monday Blog Hop, but I'm sad because I didn't have anything to contribute today. :( I'll try again next time! It looks like a great place to be here in cyberworld! :) I look forward to joining you and the other bloggers soon!

      -Carrie

      Delete
  3. Had fun stopping over here and hearing about your adventures!!! :)
    Your newest follower - Lisa
    Growing Firsties is having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in Alaska!!!!!!! How cool! I can't believe you drove all the way there. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures teaching there.
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Maria! I'm pretty excited to be here! The days are starting to get longer, too, so maybe I'll get more accomplished. :)

      -Carrie

      Delete