Thursday, December 13, 2012

O.M.G., it was NOT e.z.

So, have you ever had just one of those days?  My day started out like this:

Well, not exactly... These photos are about a month and a half old.  (They are from when I was super excited that I was FINALLY completely moved into my new classroom!)  I've done some rearranging, some purging, and some adding new stuff since then.

But needless to say, it was *clean*!!

Yeah.  Not anymore.

Today was just a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day!  (I think I'll use that one as our read-aloud tomorrow morning now that I think about it. Hmm...  There could be a good lesson to be pulled out of the end.  Something along the lines of how we can start fresh today since yesterday sucked so badly!  I'll work out the kinks in that lesson tonight. Ha!)

I don't know what side of the bed these kids woke up on today, but after lunch EVERYTHING just went downhill.  I honestly haven't felt this way since my first year teaching.  During our before-we-pack-up-to-go-home meeting today, we did some reflecting on our day... The kids were very receptive to our little discussion, but holy mother of days that I never want to repeat again in my life!

This is how my day ended:


And it's all still there... School ended 20 minutes ago. :(  I told the kids that I was so upset with today's overall behavior today that I didn't even want them to help me clean up.  I think that sealed the deal for them.  "Oh my gosh!  We must have messed up if she won't even let us clean up!" was the look on all of their faces.  Well, almost all of them.  There was that one kid who couldn't have cared less if I was lit on fire and burning to death.  But 17 out of 18 "I'm sorry" faces was better than I had hoped.

The worst part:  Two kids were absent today... one was my biggest trouble-maker.  I thought for sure that we were going to have less issues today.  It's funny how I actually missed him.  At least I know what to expect out of him all the time. Ha!Ha!

Here's to hoping that tomorrow actually IS a much better day!

How was your day?

2 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower...I laughed at the pic of linking cubes on the floor. My boys got legos for Christmas. Your floor looks exactly like my dining room floor. Oh well. I try to pick my battles!
    Have fun enjoying the rest of your break!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!! My room felt much the same the last few days! Luckily this week has gotten off to a good start!

    Mrs. Lewis @ Keeping it Core

    ReplyDelete