Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Miracles of Technology

I really do love all of the great finds that I've come across on TPT and other websites because it makes life in my classroom so much easier!  I also like that I can share my work with you all via this blog and my TPT Store.  I've also found a ton of things on my iPhone that have become quite useful in lesson planning and just filling time at random places throughout the day.

One of these amazing finds came from the App Store on my iPhone.  I was looking for an app to make Scholastic Book Clubs more convenient, and then Bam!  There it was...

Scholastic Classroom Ideas to Go!

I have decided, after playing with this app for the last week, that I absolutely love it!  I think I paid $0.99 for it, but a website that I found today says that it costs $1.99.  If I did only pay a dollar, I would have gladly paid two (and that's saying something because I'm cheap)!  The app is so organized and so easy to use.  I'm hooked!  Especially for themed and seasonal activities.

There are so many great lesson ideas available through this app.  You can filter your search by grade band, content area, and the type of activity that you're looking for.  I love the save feature because I typically browse the app at night while I'm laying in bed not sleeping (when, of course, I should be).  The search feature is pretty good, but I think you can only search based on the name of the activity rather than the skill.  I'm not sure, though, so don't quote me on that.  The app also has a "share" button so you can email the activity to whomever you'd like.  I typically just email the activities to myself at my school email address so I can remember to look at it when I'm actually in my classroom. Ha!  You can check out all of the details on this app at this website, this one, this one, and I'm sure a ton more.  They all say pretty much the same thing (and I'm paraphrasing here):  This. App. Is. Amazing!

I can't wait to see some of the other apps that Scholastic (and its affiliates) have to offer!  What technology resources have you stumbled upon lately?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! I"m so glad you posted about this APP! There's so much out there that's it's hard to keep up with every APP, and software available. I'm definitely going to check it out!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Teacher Park and commenting on my "How to Spell Plural Nouns" We sure could talk about the subject of phonics and spelling for hours and hours!
    Again, thanks so much for sharing this APP.. :)
    I'm going to follow your blog :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ruth!

      Thanks for stopping by! You're right - there is entirely too much out there these days, and it is hard to keep up.
      I absolutely love this app, even though it didn't fulfill my need for making Book Clubs easier. (I still haven't found an app for that. Oh well.)

      I hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete